Fixing Parallels Tools
- Copy the files from the Parallels installation media and drop them in a folder somewhere (eg.
- Go to the kmods directory (
cd ~/parallels_fixed/kmods) and extract the files (
tar -xzf prl_mod.tar.gz)
prl_mod.tar.gzfile from that directory (
- Find this file:
- Modify the file by going to line 16 and inserting a new line. Add this text:
- The file should now look like this. Save and exit.
.. #include <linux/fs.h> #include <uapi/linux/mount.h> #include <linux/types.h> ..
- Go to the
cd ~/parallels_fixed/kmods) and re-zip the files:
tar -zcvf prl_mod.tar.gz . dkms.conf Makefile.kmodsIn case you missed it, yes that is a period (
.) sitting there by itself and necessary.
- Go to the installer directory
sudo chmodthe script files:
install-cli.sh(and others) to be executable eg.
sudo chmod 777 *.sh
- Then run that file with:
sudo ./install-cli.sh -i --verbose
- Reboot when it’s finished.
Note: This also works with other debian based distributions like Kali Linux for example.